Saturday, January 25, 1992
My Appearance is Troubling
Ever since marrying Edward Bishop, my social standing in the village went completely downhill. On a typical day, I would usually wear bright, outgoing colors including my red paragon bodice, which bothered many puritans and because I stuck out like a sore thumb, I was easily judged. Today, Samuel Shattuck, the man who dyed my clothing was concerned because of my vivacious clothing. I was simply dressing how I wanted to dress, and I do not see the issue with being an individual. However, the people of Salem must think differently.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I, too, know what it is like to be judged by the people of Salem. People do not often take to me very well because of my sharp tongue. We should not be judged based on the way we express ourselves.
ReplyDeleteStick out like a sore thumb? More like stick out like a witch!!!
ReplyDelete