Tuesday, June 2, 1992
The Trial
I don’t know what has brought me here today, sitting in a courtroom, fighting for my innocence. I have done nothing wrong, yet the others do not understand my life or whom I am solely because of an inaccurate reputation that somehow transpired in Salem Village. These women sitting before me, Ann Putnam, Elizabeth Hubbard, Abigail Williams and Mercy Lewis, accused me of such ridiculous offenses as if I have signed the devils book or inflicted pain upon them. When they look into my eyes they fall into painful fits and blame me. I don’t know how much longer I can sit here as the judge interrogates me while these women cannot contain themselves. I think that I am being set up and these people want to convict me. How can I fight for my freedom when nobody is on my side? The Court of Oyer and Terminer is an unlawful justice system. The women claim that my “ghost” confessed, yet that is not evidence of wrongdoing. Spectral evidence is not legitimate and that is the only evidence they have used against me. I don’t know how they can continue this madness; I am as “innocent as an unborn child!” What do they want from me? If I go to jail for this unjust law my life will be over.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I feel you, Bridget. I was wrongly accused as well, and like you, an legitimate spectral evidence (the ghosts of my past wife) "appeared" for all to see, right when i was accused and put on trial! Hang in there.. I wish you all the best, and I do hope your fate ends up being better than mine..
ReplyDelete- G.B. ✞
Confeshuns of witchcraft from those pushed to confess... What has this system turned into? I agree compleetly that our lives are being cut short and wasted by these terrible sistums. They can believe whatever they want, but it shant be so open... We should commiserate.
ReplyDeleteBridget, I am here at your side. We have been accused at the same time. I say that you must stand mute! DO NOT GIVE IN TO THEM! It will only continue if we all admit to witchcraft. Find strength in the knowledge of your innocence.
ReplyDeleteYou should give in, as you are obviously a witch!
ReplyDelete