Wednesday, June 10, 1992
Goodbye Salem
One could not imagine the pain in my soul at this moment. I am alone. No one supported me and now I am here to die, to be hanged and killed. I have no freedom, no trust and I wish I still had faith but God has not stood by me through this horror. I AM INNOCENT. Why is it so hard for the people of Salem to believe that I am not the heartless witch they think I am? I know that I am not a puritan women and I would prefer to wear a “red paragon bodice” than a modest puritan dress, yet this does not make me a witch. Why is this happening to me? Accused witches in the past have served time in jail; even those who confessed to witchcraft were not killed like the servant, Tituba. It is only I, Bridget Bishop, who is unlucky enough to be sentenced to death. With a rope tied around my neck, looking up at the branch of the great oak tree, I want nothing but to kill every person here! The people cheering as they look into my eyes,are the people who put me in this very spots with their lies. I can only hear screaming and I can no longer look at the people in front of me….
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Bridget, I know this must be terribly hard for you... I am in the same situation as you. But please, for your own sake, try to keep your faith in God. He is always watching you, and you are never alone when you have God. God is always on your side, and although it may not feel like it now, but God is watching you.
ReplyDeletePsalm 121:5 The LORD is thy keeper: the LORD is thy shade upon thy right hand.
-G.B. ✞
Bridget, how can you say these terrible things? If you wish to kill everyone else in the village, Tituba thinks you are a witch and should die. Tituba knows this, actually, because I know the witches. And do not think you are so unlucky Bridget. You are going to hell in the sky. I am living in hell in the prison. There is no happiness in this world or that.
ReplyDeleteBridget, may God have mercy on your soul. This crisis is not Good versus Evil but Liars versus Innocents.
ReplyDeleteMatt 6:33: But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.
ReplyDeleteHope this helps....
- G.B. ✝
I know exactly how you feel Bridget. I am in a similar situation and wish nothing more than to show everyone just how innocent I am. We are too young to die! And especially too young to leave our families behind.
ReplyDeleteIf you were accused then obviously it is true!
ReplyDelete